If you’d like to be among the first to receive updates and insider info, sign up for my newsletter:
Thanks so much for checking out my site! I had a difficult time writing a serious bio in third person, so here’s a little blurb about me, followed by more nonsense meant to take up space and trick you into believing I’m important:
I live in North Carolina (Go Heels!) with my husband Victor and our dog Mushu. In my spare time, I like to cook, mess with makeup, and wreak havoc on the lives of my characters.
The questions below were selected at random, by a garden gnome:
1.) If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
Whatever age I looked the best. Jury’s still out on that.
2.) If you could give the world one piece of advice, what would it be?
Well, this question presumes a measure of arrogance I hope I never achieve. If “the world” ever asks what I think, I’d say to persist. Always, persist.
3.) What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
~ Rabindranath Tagore
4.) If you could have a room full of any one thing, what would it be?
The most delicious food from all over the world. Seriously. I travel to eat. It may seem shortsighted to you, but I swear I would be much happier than the jackass with a roomful of gold.
5.) What is your favorite form of exercise?
6.) What’s the #1 most played song on your iPhone?
Probably “The Only Moment We Were Alone” by the band Explosions in the Sky.
7.) What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
Alpaca. Definitely alpaca.
8.) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Also make perfect curry from scratch.
9.) What sound do you love?
The sound of a loved one’s laughter.
10.) What do you want to be when you grow up?
Pretty sure this is it.
* Interview with Renée Ahdieh on The Huffington Post, May 2015.
* Excerpt from THE WRATH AND THE DAWN featured on USA Today’s HEA blog, May 2015.
* Article by Celeste Ng on “Fixing the Female Asian American Writer Blind Spot” on Salon.com, January 2015.
* Holiday Guest Post and Giveaway for Brenda Drake’s blog, December 2014.
* Writer Odyssey Wednesday featuring Renée Ahdieh on Amy Trueblood’s blog, November 12, 2014.
* Cover reveal and excerpt for THE WRATH AND THE DAWN via Bustle.com, November 6, 2014.
* ABA and #WeNeedDiverseBooks partnering at Winter Institute, October 2014.
* Eight Query Do’s and Don’ts on Write for Apples blog, October 2014.
* Renée Ahdieh, Ellen Oh, and I. W. Gregorio at NAIBA Conference, featured on Publisher’s Weekly, September 25, 2014.
* The 2015 Guide to Literary Agents blurb, Writer’s Digest, September 2014.
* Renée Ahdieh welcomed as a #WeNeedDiverseBooks Team Member, July 2014.
* Query Critiques/Workshop for Brenda Drake’s blog, July 2014.
* Publisher’s Weekly Spring 2015 Sneak Peek, July 18, 2014.
* Debunking Publishing Myths on Write for Apples blog, July 2014.
* Fantasy Flashback post on A Game of Tomes blog, June 2014.
* A Diverse Childhood post on A Game of Tomes blog, May 2014.
* The Dreaded “D” Word post on Tumblr, April 10, 2014.
* Building a Middle Eastern World on A Game of Tomes blog, April 2014.
* Renée Ahdieh discusses voice in popular fiction on the Write Away Vlog, March 3, 2014.
* Query.Sign.Submit with Renée Ahdieh on February 26, 2014.
* Interview on the editing process with Renée Ahdieh and Barbara Poelle, featured on the NaNoWriMo Blog, February 5, 2014.